- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
- 5 strips Applewood smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze see note
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice bacon and roast on a rimmed baking sheet until crisp, 5 to 12 minutes. It can go from raw to burned quickly and the cooking time will depend on the amount of fat in a given package of bacon, so keep a close eye on it, stirring as needed.
- Set the bacon aside to drain on paper towels.
- If your bacon rendered a lot of fat, drain some away. You want a thin layer of fat coating the pan.
- Place sprouts, cut side down, on the pan. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Roast at 400 for 20 minutes, stirring twice.
- Remove from pan. Toss with bacon pieces and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or glaze. Toss to distribute the balsamic evenly and serve. Great with roasted chicken!
Some markets sell bottled balsamic glaze, which is much thicker and richer than plain balsamic vinegar. It's thicker than pancake syrup. To make your own, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar with 2 tablespoons honey or corn syrup until thick and reduced by at least half.
Share this Recipe